Đề thi thử tiếng Anh sau đại học
ĐỀ THI TUYỂN SINH SAU ĐẠI HỌC
1. I. NGỮ PHÁP: (từ câu 01 đến câu 10):
Câu 01: …… I had worked harder, I don’t think I would have passed the exam.
A) As if
B) As though
C) Even if
D) Even though
2. I was able to learn a great deal during the two years ….. I spent in England.
C) in which
3. I can’t wear my red sweater. It ….. washed at the moment.
A) was being
B) has been
C) is being
4. Look at that car! It’s out of control! …………….
A) It’s going to crash.
B) It’s crashing.
C) It’ll crash.
D) It’s to crash.
5. Like ….forms of energy, natural gas can be used to heat homes, cook food and even run automobiles.
C) the others
D) the other
6. Did you remember …..some milk on your way home?
A) to have bought
B) to buy
C) having bought
7. The police stopped him when he … home and accused him of speeding.
A) had been driving
C) had driven
D) was driving
8. Her own twelve pictures sold fairly well, … to friends and family.
C) at most
9. The main purpose of the visit is to develop a … relationship between the two countries.
A) more closing
B) more closely
D) more closed
10. The water had been … and most of the clothes were ruined.
A) too much hot
B) hot too much
C) much too hot
D) much hot, too
11. II. TỪ VỰNG (từ câu 11 đến câu 20):
Câu 11: In Spain, it is … for people to turn up at your house without warning.
12. Julia’s joyful personality and … of humour attracted millions of viewers.
13. We had an orchard, so when we ran out of apples, we could just go and … some.
14. After just two months, he … and went to work for a foreign company.
15. The road to the airport was very busy and we were afraid of … the plane.
16. … a meal can be very difficult, especially when there is no menu.
17. When it’s complete, the new sports arena will seat 50,000 …….
18. The rapid …. of the world’s population as produced serious social and economic problems.
19. His paintings have been ….. in art galleries all over the world.
20. I wonder if you could possibly ….. my mistakes.
21. III. CLOZE TEST (từ câu 21 đến 40):
22. Câu 22
23. Câu 23:
24. Câu 24:
25. Câu 25:
26. Câu 26:
27. Câu 27:
28. Câu 28:
B) no article
29. Câu 29:
30. Câu 30:
31. Câu 31:
C) by automation
32. Câu 32:
33. Câu 33:
34. Câu 34:
35. Câu 35:
A) fed up
36. Câu 36:
37. Câu 37:
38. Câu 38:
39. Câu 39:
40. Câu 40:
41. IV. ĐỌC HIỂU: (từ câu 41 đến câu 60)
Câu 41: All of the followng are the ingredients for the new cone EXCEPT:
A) powdered potato
B) wheat flour
42. How will the new product solve the problem?
A) It lasts longer than paper.
B) It is in a different shape.
C) People can eat it.
D) It can be used again.
43. Chips served in the new cone …
A) will cost more than those served in paper.
B) will be larger than those served in paper wrapping.
C) will taste better than those served in plastic.
D) will be easier to eat than other chips.
44. The passage is mainly concerned with …
A) the yearly large amount of discarded packaging in Britain.
B) a new product that is environmentally friendly.
C) the British people’s eating habit
D) a new kind of food
45. Fish and chips cause environmental problems because …
A) people buy more than they can eat.
B) people are careless with the wrapping.
C) people prefer to use plastic plates.
D) the plates and wrapping are not used again
46. Câu 46: People often say it’s “as sweet as honey” to refer to something that is …
47. According to the passage, which of the following is NOT TRUE?
A) Honey’s bear’s favorite food.
B) It was not until the 12th century that the Europeans began to use sugar.
C) Honey is a natural food that can be found in ancient tombs.
D) Honey is made by bees.
48. How far does the honeybee fly to produce one kilogram of honey?
A) the distance equal to two times the axis of the globe
B) the distance more than six times around the world
C) the distance equal to three times around the world
D) the distance equal to millions of miles
49. There is no honey in Alaska because …
A) the honeybee cannot live in the cold climate there
B) it is too cold for honeybee-keepers to survive there
C) it is impossible to expose honey to the cold weather there
D) there are few people living there.
50. Honey discovered in the ancient Egyptian tombs does not spoil because …
A) it contains some artificial ingredients.
B) it was found in ancient Egyptian tombs.
C) there are preservatives in it.
D) it is not at all mixed with any chemical.
51. Câu 51: According to the passage, conflict within an organization …
A) is viewed differently by different managers
B) is definitely undesirable
C) should be avoided at any rate
D) is generally desirablle
52. The author’s main purpose is …
A) to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the two views of conflict.
B) to support one view of conflict.
C) to contrast the views of conflict.
D) to give examples of different views of conflict.
53. The word “stimulate” is closest in meaning to …
54. According to the traditional view, conflict …
A) is a factor’s behind an organization’s success.
B) should be stimulated
C) is potentially a positive element.
D) can do harm to an organization.
55. According to the interactionist view, conflict may …
A) be undesirable under some specific conditions.
B) take a long time for its effect to be felt.
C) bring about positive changes in an organization.
D) encourage complacency among workers.
56. Câu 56: “Some” in “But if some should be in food” (Paragraph 3) refers to …
A) food producers
B) bacteria cells
D) food-poisoning organisms.
57. How is Salmonella different from other bacteria?
A) A small amount can poison you.
B) Only living cells cause poisoning.
C) It multiplies more quickly.
D) It causes other bacteria to grow.
58. How is Staphylococcus different from other bacteria?
A) A large number of cells are needed to poison you.
B) The cells take a long time to grow and multiply.
C) The cells are destroyed by thorough cooking.
D) The poison is not destroyed by cooking.
59. How does refridgeration help to reduce the risk of poisoning?
A) It prevents new bacteria entering the food.
B) It stops the bacteria from growing any more.
C) It makes bacteria grow more slowly.
D) It kills bacteria that are in the food.
60. What is the main idea of the passage?
A) How bacteria multiply.
B) How food poisoning is caused.
C) The risk of food poisoning.
D) Four groups of bacteria
61. V. CẤU TRÚC CÂU: (từ câu 61 đến câu 70):
A. Chọn phương án ứng với câu tốt nhất được tạo ra từ những từ cho sẵn sau:
Câu 61: I/amazed/small machine/hold/much/ information
A) I amazed that such a small machine could hold very much information.
B) I was so amazed that such the small machine could hold so much information
C) I was amazed that such a small machine could hold so much information
D) I was amazed that so a small machine could hold so much information
62. he/very much/love/Betty/he/want/marry/rich heiress.
A) He was very much in love with Betty, however he wanted to marry a rich heiress.
B) Although he was very much in love with Betty, but he wanted to marry a rich heiress.
C) He was very much in love with Betty, but he wanted to marry with a rich heiress.
D) Although he was very much in love with Betty, he wanted to marry a rich heiress.
A) After a while he stopped to run and lay down on the ground.
B) After a while he stopped running and lay down on the ground.
C) After a while he stopped to run and lied down on the ground.
D) After a while he stopped running and lied down on the ground.
A) Would you like to eat some of this food before it’s throwed away?
B) Would you like to eat some of food before it will be thrown away?
C) Would you like eating some of food before it’s thrown away?
D) Would you like to eat some of this food before it’s thrown away?
65. House Party/novel/affair/MP/secretary.
A) House Party is a novel about an affair between a MP and his secretary.
B) House Party, which is a novel about an affair between an MP and his secretary.
C) House Party is being a novel about an affair between a MP and his secretary.
D) House Party is a novel about an affair between an MP and his secretary.
66. B. Chọn phương án đúng ứng với câu có nghĩa gần nhất với mỗi câu cho sẵn sau đây:
Câu 66: “I might not be able to come tomorrow,”said David.
A) David told us that he might not have been able to come the following day.
B) David told us that he might not be able to come the following day.
C) David told that he mightn’t come tomorrow
D) David told us that he might not be able to have come the following day.
67. Paul smashed a window and damaged the television too.
A) Not only did Paul smash a window but also he damaged the window.
B) Paul smashed not only a window but also damaged the television.
C) Paul not only smashed a window but also damaged the television too.
D) Paul not only smashed a window but also damaged the television.
68. They didn’t let Graham take his dog to work with him.
A) Graham was not allowed to take his dog to work with him.
B) Graham was allowed not to take his dog to work with him.
C) Graham was not allowed to be taken his dog to work with him.
D) Graham’s dog was not allowed to take to work with him.
69. I don’t spend much time with my family because I work so hard.
A) The harder I work, the less time I spend with my family.
B) The harder I work, the fewer time I spend with my family.
C) The more hardly I work, the less time I spend with my family.
D) The more I work hard, the less time I spend with my family.
70. Perhaps no one will ever know what happened that fateful night.
A) Never will it be possibly known that fateful night what happened.
B) That fateful night it will possibly never be known what happened.
C) What happened that fateful night will possibly never be known.
D) What happened will possibly never be known that fateful night.